Sunday 7 December 2008

I would like to show you my some of my very first animation exercises. The first one is of a flower shooting up from the ground and then blossoming and the second is of a tap dripping. I think that they are quite succssful, however, I do realise that they are not perfect.I hope you like them anyway!!


With the flower animation I wanted there to be a sense of anticipation. I wanted it to be as close to actual movement of a flower growing and blossoming as possible. I didn't want the flower to spring up too quickly as it would not be a true representation of a flowers movement when growing. I think it worked but it's not as accurate as I would have liked it to have been. To give a sense of anticipation I repeated some frames in the sequence, for example when the bud was about to open I went back to the frame before that and shot it again.
I like the style of drawing I used for the dripping tap. I do, however, think I could have drawn another frame for the splash. This is because I believe it ends too abruptly. I had tried to make the water, sort of, hesitate for a while before finally allowing it to drip out of the tap. This was done to emmulate the way in which water hangs onto the rim of the tap just before it drips in reality. I also decided to repeat some frames in this animation to give the feeling of, agian, anticipation. By repeating certain frames it made the water look as though it were bouncing, or bobbing up and down before it dripped.

No comments: